Sunday, January 11, 2009

Supposedly 9 more days?!?!

Ok so the most frustrating part of pregnancy has to be the last two weeks. You are uncomfortable and swear every day has to be "THE DAY" only for the day to pass and for you to wake up the next morning feeling exactly the same as the day before.

Now I admit with Amelia I was continually hoping that she would go early, only she didn't and arrived a lovely 5 days late. With Caelan, I told myself, there is no way this kid is coming early and had resigned to the fact that he would either go right to his due date or be late like his sister. The latter I am dreading, especially since from what we can tell he is not a small kid!

The cruelty of this pregnancy is that I have had some serious bouts of nice hard contractions and pre-labor signs for a week now. In fact, last night my contractions were getting stronger and about 5 minutes apart! We called my midwife and she said to come on in! At last, this baby was looking to be on his way!

WRONG! After 4 hours of what looked like some good early labor, I remained 2 cm dilated and in an even crueler twist of the fates, my contractions slowed to 16 minutes apart and eventually stopped! ARE YOU SERIOUS?!?!

So the wait continues...and continues...and continues...

Anyone want to venture some guesses on when this kid will come? I am officially opening another pool just to keep myself occupied. So place your bets...when will this baby grace us with his presence?!?

4 comments:

TAITx3 said...

Poor thing... Same thing happened to me with the contractions, went to the hospital then they stopped. Unfortunately I had braxton hicks for 2 months!!!
Why won't they induce you? It is your 2nd babe??? Just wondering? Most people apt to get induced for the second kid.
Well, I hope and pray that this baby comes soon for you, I know how you feel.
Take it easy. ~KT

Carol and Dan said...

January 18.........c.

Cherisa said...

It's rough! Nobody ever mentioned "the wait" before you get pregnant. But you and another friend are due at almost the exact same time. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you both!

AnnD said...

Yeah, I remember being on IM or something with you when you were waiting for Amelia....your babies like your uterus! Mine didn't and she came nearly 3 weeks early so I don't even know what the last two weeks of pregnancy is like!

I'm thinking that my original guess at 7 lbs. 4 oz. is going to be wrong! I'm going to say January 15th and remain optimistic for you.